[Qgis-psc] Crowdfunding support

Anita Graser anitagraser at gmx.at
Tue Apr 21 06:30:29 PDT 2015

On Tue, Apr 21, 2015 at 2:05 PM, Paolo Cavallini <cavallini at faunalia.it>
wrote:

> * adding a "Consider also supporting these projects" with a link to a
> page where current crowfundings are listed

​So a third button besides "Download now" and "Support QGIS"? If so, we
need a short and sweet button text, something like "Fund new features".

> * adding on the About > Info, close to the mailing list subscription, a
> "Donate" button, possibly pointing to the donation web page, and a
> "Consider donating also" pointing to the crowfundings page.

​Do you mean this about http://qgis.org/en/site/about/index.html?

We could implement the crowdfundings page similar to the "latest news
section" on the qgis.org front page which pulls the information from a
simple feed file. That makes it easier to maintain.

I do not see this as invasive, and could help our developers to reach
> more easily and faster their targets.
> Do anyone see negative implications?

​A prominent link on the website certainly helps but I think most of the
money is raised by actively talking about the crowd-funding initiatives on
mailing lists and social media.
I think we have Twitter covered quite well. Does anyone who is on Facebook
know how we are doing there?

Best wishes,
Anita