[Qgis-psc] [Qgis-developer] CI testing for OSX

Larry Shaffer larrys at dakotacarto.com
Tue Aug 18 15:43:07 PDT 2015

Hi Nyall,

On Fri, Aug 14, 2015 at 9:45 PM, Nyall Dawson <nyall.dawson at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On 15 Aug 2015 13:17, "Larry Shaffer" <larrys at dakotacarto.com> wrote:
> >
> > Hi Nyall, all,
> >
> > On Thu, Aug 13, 2015 at 11:31 PM, Nyall Dawson <nyall.dawson at gmail.com>
> wrote:

> had to do to enable OS X testing?
> >>
> >> Not much really... all the ground work was already in place and were
> >> just waiting on Travis to open up multi OS builds again. Whoever setup
> >> the homebrew install package (Larry?) made it super easy to install
> >> the dependencies, and we already had 99% of the tests passing without
> >> error on OSX. Michael Kirk had also already given this a shot so I was
> >> able to borrow parts of his attempts which also helped a lot.
> >

> > Yes, I set up the QGIS Homebrew formulae in the osgeo/osgeo4mac tap.
> >
> > For example, to set up a dev environ on Mac:
> >
> https://github.com/OSGeo/homebrew-osgeo4mac/wiki/Developing-on-QGIS-using-OSGeo4Mac
> >
> > I haven't had time recently to update the work there, so some of the
> notes may be outdated.
>
> Thanks Larry, this made it really easy to implement this.
>
> I'm wondering- is there a way to prevent the installation of
> postgres/postgis when installing the dependencies? It slows the build down
> a lot and conflicts with the existing preinstalled postgis available on
> Travis.

Yeah, the postgres and postgis being preinstalled is a bit of a pain, since
they do not seem to keep them updated.

Looks like, since they *are* installed, you can try skipping them (and
other non-essential recommended libs) as dependencies with:

$ brew install qgis-28 --without-postgis --without-postgresql
--without-grass --without-gpsbabel --only-dependencies

That should be the minimum for a Travis CI setup (not tested). The only
funky one is '--without-postgresql', which is a hard dependency, but the
CMake variable POSTGRES_CONFIG:FILEPATH=/usr/local/bin/pg_config should be
found by default. It was with my test on 10.9.5. Apple's system-provided
postgresql client is woefully outdated.

The GRASS provider is part of the unit test suite (for both 6 and 7 if
found), but, if skipped, should greatly speed up the CI builds.

I just updated the formula with 2.8.3. Let me know if you need me to add
more options to it to facilitate the Travis setup.

Regards,

Larry Shaffer
Dakota Cartography
Black Hills, South Dakota