[Qgis-psc] Proposal that QGIS.ORG will become a member of the OpenDesign Alliance

Martin Dobias wonder.sk at gmail.com
Tue Dec 15 07:46:55 PST 2015

Hi Andreas

Do you know if the QGIS.ORG membership would apply also for
third-party packages? To my knowledge, only the Windows standalone
package is produced and distributed directly by QGIS.ORG. Other
packages are created and distributed by third parties:
- osgeo4w - by OSGeo
- linux packages - by Debian, Fedora, ...
- os x - by KyngChaos

Also, if I wanted to compile QGIS with Teigha library myself and
distribute it to someone else, would I be allowed to do it within
QGIS.ORG membership?

Regards
Martin