[Qgis-psc] Proposal that QGIS.ORG will become a member of the OpenDesign Alliance

Richard Duivenvoorde richard at duif.net
Tue Dec 15 12:51:18 PST 2015

On 15-12-15 21:28, Andreas Neumann wrote:

Hi Andreas,

these quotes:

> First, let me know that this is my personal proposal and not the
> proposal of the QGIS.ORG board. I happen to be on the QGIS.ORG board,
> but the board did not endorse my proposal.

and

> Vincent, Strk and others - it is easy to criticize the board. But where
> is the alternative? Something that can be delivered within 2016? On a
> high quality level? With a small budget <50k Euros?

are not compatible. As you  say it is a personal proposal, not a
psc/board proposal. So Vincent, Strk and others are not criticizing
psc/board :-)

 I would NOT be in favour incorporating this kind of libs in QGIS. A
separate (ETL?) tool is better in my opinion.

Being pragmatic is nice, but I think QGIS should stay close to it's FOSS
roots if you ask me...

Regards,

Richard