[Qgis-psc] Increasing requests for targeted sponsorships

Tim Sutton tim at qgis.org
Tue Dec 22 12:55:22 PST 2015

Hi

My rationale for adding that phrase (precluding targeted donations) was

a) mainly do to administrative overhead and
b) also due to a concern that it would create contractual expectations - the donor will expect something specific to happen in return for their donation. I think specific tasks are better dealt with in direct relationships between donors and developers, and we as the project can point donors to suitably skilled devs.

That said, I think if Andreas feels ok to manage (a) and we create general enough ‘buckets’ of funding (documentation, bug fixing, hack tests or whatever) then (b) should not become an issue.