[Qgis-psc] Budget proposal 2015

Paolo Cavallini cavallini at faunalia.it
Thu Feb 12 03:01:12 PST 2015

Il 12/02/2015 10:55, Andreas Neumann ha scritto:
> Hi,
>
> Right - I forgot about the bug-fixing for backporting.
>
> I allocated 12k for 2.8 bug fixing. We can reduce that to 10k and use 3k
> for backporting. I will correct that in the budget.

Thanks. What about adding optional expenses, i.e. items that will be
financed only if more money will be available? As previously mentioned,
there is a number of activities that currently are run on a voluntary
basis, that could be strengthened if properly funded.
In this way (I'm borrowing Tim's idea) we can go and say a potential
sponsor "Hey, with your extra money we can do this and that". This could
better motivate sponsors and donors, I believe.

> Regarding sponsors: if we make a good 2.8 LTR release, manage to
> establish the legal entity as an association and are more transparent
> about our financial situation - then I am confident we can attract more
> sponsors.

I also think (hope) so.

All the best.

--