[Qgis-psc] HF refunds

Paolo Cavallini cavallini at faunalia.it
Fri Feb 27 08:43:48 PST 2015

Hi all.
Trying to set up less arbitrary rules for the refund of HF expenses.
Here a first draft, elaborated based on the discussion of today.
===

Need a refund for QGIS HF expenses?

1.If you are a contributor to the project (to either code,
documentation, translation, or infrastructure), you think your
participation to the HF will be useful for the project, and you do not
have funds to cover for travelling and lodging, you can apply for
refund, at least 40 days in advance
2. When applying, please let us know (i) an estimate of the total amount
required, and (ii) how your participation will contribute to QGIS
3. Later applications (<40 days) will be taken into account, based on
the budget available and the priorities of the PSC
4. Please note that our funds are limited, so we'll generally not be
able to refund all participants
5. Core devs and psc members will have priority on the allocation of funds
6. At least 30 days in advance, PSC will communicate a decision to all
those who applied
7. The refund will be sent to your bank account after the HF, on the
basis of the bills actually paid and sent to our Treasurer

===
I'm not super happy with rule #1, as it is always better say "please do
not apply" that refusing an applicant.
An alternative (not without its own issues) might be to require a
recommendation from one (or more?) member of the PSC (or eventually from
one core dev).

I had a look to commits, and I think at least the first ~15 (>250
commits) can safely considered core devs, see:
https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/graphs/contributors

All the best.

--
Paolo Cavallini - www.faunalia.eu