[Qgis-psc] Selection of developers for 2.8 bug fixing

Tim Sutton tim at kartoza.com
Fri Jan 30 04:25:59 PST 2015

Hi

On Fri, Jan 30, 2015 at 2:22 PM, Paolo Cavallini <cavallini at faunalia.it>
wrote:

> Il 30/01/2015 13:04, Tim Sutton ha scritto:
>

> https://docs.google.com/a/qgis.org/spreadsheets/d/1Cdh-6eAmVCdiZIQGMhu_Aqgg09tpxsC40BGXQJtYc54/edit?usp=sharing
> >
> > (it is private to PSC) and mark Y next to the names of two developers
> > you would like to see working on bug fixing for 2.8? I have added a
>
> Thanks Tim for managing this.
> Another idea: couldn't we have shorter appointments? I guess every dev
> know particularly well a section of the code, so in a couple of days he
> could more effectively fix "his" tickets.

​I think that problem with that is that getting your head into bug fixing
space and keeping it there is more easily done if you can work on it for a
solid block that e.g. just dive into it for a day. Others feel free to
correct me if you feel differently.​

> BTW, we are going to receive the third instalment of our gold
> sponsorship, so most probably we can count on some additional resources.
> All the best.

​Great - in the case that we do have more cash to spend, we can just select
the next f​rom the list according to the number of votes (after all of us
adding a third vote).

> Paolo Cavallini - www.faunalia.eu

 * Desktop GIS programming services
 * Geospatial web development