[Qgis-psc] Contact Canary Islands

Paolo Cavallini cavallini at faunalia.it
Tue Jul 7 23:44:29 PDT 2015

Il 07/07/2015 22:55, Tim Sutton ha scritto:
> Hi
>

>> On 07 Jul 2015, at 22:24, Neumann Andreas, Vermessung
>> <Andreas.Neumann at Uster.ch <mailto:Andreas.Neumann at Uster.ch>> wrote:
>>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> At the Nodebo dev meeting we sponsored 13 people, with a total of 6.9k
>> Euros - I still expect an invoice of max 2k for the conference dinner
>> we had. I don't think we should pay all of the expenses of all people.
>> Many people did not ask for refund in Denmark (only 13 out of approx.
>> 45-50). I would not expect that to be different in Gran
>> Canaria. Regarding our travel expenses I would suggest to cap these
>> expenses at a total of 7.5 or 10k max (PSC should decide).
>>
>> I think the hotel offer Pablo negotiated is a good deal and we should
>> reserve this block of 20 rooms. I would expect that between 40 and 50
>> people would show up, so we would probably need a second hotel. We can
>> monitor the Wiki list to see how many people subscribe and act based
>> on this list.
>>

> OK great, +1 from me.

Hi all,
thanks for the comments. I also generally agree, just suggesting:
* let us make a general budget, starting from data from Pablo and
Andreas, and adding an estimate for other costs (namely flights and
local expenses)
* put a cap on total expenditure we accept (PSC vote)
* stimulate the local committee to actively seek local support
(financial and in-kind sponsors).
All the best.
--
Paolo Cavallini - www.faunalia.eu