[Qgis-psc] Contact Canary Islands

Neumann, Andreas a.neumann at carto.net
Wed Jul 8 00:08:24 PDT 2015

Hi,

IMHO it shouldn't be the sole responsibility of the local organizer of a
dev meeting to also look for sponsors. The sponsor acquisition can be
handled by the general QGIS project. By organizing the dev meeting,
providing office space for free and potentially also some food and
coffee and their time during organization, they are already sponsoring
QGIS more than enough. Of course, if there is a local opportunity for
sponsoring, the opportunity should be seized. But we cannot expect a
local organizer also to find sponsors. BTW - this wasn't the case in the
past anyway - perhaps with the sole exception of the danish meeting -
which also had the conference and thus it was easier to attract
sponsors.

But we should definitely make an announcement on the QGIS users list
that the QGIS projects is looking for dev meeting sponsors.

Andreas

On 2015-07-08 08:44, Paolo Cavallini wrote:

> Il 07/07/2015 22:55, Tim Sutton ha scritto: Hi
>
> On 07 Jul 2015, at 22:24, Neumann Andreas, Vermessung
> <Andreas.Neumann at Uster.ch <mailto:Andreas.Neumann at Uster.ch>> wrote:
>
> Hi all,
>
> At the Nodebo dev meeting we sponsored 13 people, with a total of 6.9k
> Euros - I still expect an invoice of max 2k for the conference dinner
> we had. I don't think we should pay all of the expenses of all people.
> Many people did not ask for refund in Denmark (only 13 out of approx.
> 45-50). I would not expect that to be different in Gran
> Canaria. Regarding our travel expenses I would suggest to cap these
> expenses at a total of 7.5 or 10k max (PSC should decide).
>
> I think the hotel offer Pablo negotiated is a good deal and we should
> reserve this block of 20 rooms. I would expect that between 40 and 50
> people would show up, so we would probably need a second hotel. We can
> monitor the Wiki list to see how many people subscribe and act based
> on this list.
>
> OK great, +1 from me.

 Hi all,
 thanks for the comments. I also generally agree, just suggesting:
 * let us make a general budget, starting from data from Pablo and
 Andreas, and adding an estimate for other costs (namely flights and
 local expenses)
 * put a cap on total expenditure we accept (PSC vote)
 * stimulate the local committee to actively seek local support
 (financial and in-kind sponsors).
 All the best.