[Qgis-psc] HF refunds

Anita Graser anitagraser at gmx.at
Mon Mar 9 13:00:15 PDT 2015

On Fri, Mar 6, 2015 at 7:17 AM, Tim Sutton <tim at kartoza.com> wrote:

> Hi
>
> On Sat, Feb 28, 2015 at 2:24 AM, Anita Graser <anitagraser at gmx.at> wrote:
>

>> On Fri, Feb 27, 2015 at 5:43 PM, Paolo Cavallini <cavallini at faunalia.it>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi all.
>>> Trying to set up less arbitrary rules for the refund of HF expenses.
>>> Here a first draft, elaborated based on the discussion of today.
>>>

>> ​Sorry, just saw your mail. When we agree on something it should replace
>>
>> www2.qgis.org/en/site/getinvolved/governance/developer_meetings/reimbursements.html
>>

> ​Isn't the one in that link above good enough? Pehaps we could just add
> some details about the time periods etc?

Maybe it is good enough, but what do you think about the details such as
"Funding may be limited due to budgetary constraints, in which case funding
will be provided on a first-come first-served basis."
​ ?​

Also, do we want to keep
"In the past, the policy was that funding will only be directly provided to
‘core’ committers and community members of the project. However with
increased funding through donations and our sponsorship programme, and a
desire to promote new developers to get involved in the project, this
policy has been updated as described below."
​ ?​
​... I'm not sure this is in the spirit of what Paolo drafted above and
what we discussed at the last chat. But this is what's currently on our
website.

Best wishes,
Anita​

​