[Qgis-psc] Attachment file types on issues

Matthias Kuhn matthias at opengis.ch
Sat Nov 7 11:37:48 PST 2015

Hi Steven,

Having the github issue tracker would be awesome since it integrates so
nicely with the rest of the workflow like pull requests and comments on
commits which we use heavily (and happily). An external service would
also work for us as long as it is straightforward to use, especially if
it would be based on the github user credentials.
Most of the datasets we receive are shapefiles or spatialite files
(sqlite databases) often in zip files - so yes, they are binary data. So
far we had an upload limit of 5 MB in place. At the moment we have about
1.5GB files accumulated over the last 5 years.
Just out of curiosity, what is preventing you from including this
service? I guess the amount of data would be negligible in comparison to
all the other files you host.

Cheers,
Matthias