[Qgis-psc] Attachment file types on issues

Tim Sutton tim at qgis.org
Sun Nov 8 13:19:41 PST 2015

Hi

> On 08 Nov 2015, at 22:58, Matthias Kuhn <matthias at opengis.ch> wrote:
>
> Hi Tim,
>
> On 11/08/2015 08:46 PM, Tim Sutton wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> Its great to see this is being raised again. In previous hackfests we
>> discussed this with Giovanni and he seemed on board with the idea. In
>> parallel we could migrate the wiki to GH wiki (which is also a git
>> repo which is nice). Are you thinking more generally that we get rid
>> of redline? Because there is still the issue of all the other projects
>> we host there. It would be nice to end-of-life redline and ask others
>> to migrate off it too so that we have less infrastructure to manageā€¦.
>>
>> Regards
>>
>> Tim
>>
> This has also been discussed at the HF and we were not sure if a wiki is
> still required. A lot of things could be moved to the documentation
> (e.g. migrating plugins from 1.8 to 2.0).

Yeah I have lots of issues with wikis which tend to be unmaintained so the information is generally old and inaccurate. That said there is still some very useful info in ours so it would be good to see it moved over to the docs.

> The only thing we could think
> of that is currently maintained "wiki-style" is the hackfest planning,
> so we'll have to find a solution for that. Is there anything else that
> you think requires a wiki? IMO it's yet another point of reference
> besides documentation, homepage and gis.se and if we are able to
> consolidate it we'll make our and our users lifes easier.

Yes 100% agreed.  There are lots of other ways we could do the HF planning - like using a google form, or some other web platform (again at risk of a whole proprietary debate), or we can roll something into the django app that we use for the changelog (our longer term aim is to provide a set of tools needed to help you run a software project). Worst case we could just use the GH or OSGEO wikis for that specific use case.