[Qgis-psc] MIgration to Py3: contacting plugin authors?

Matthias Kuhn matthias at opengis.ch
Wed Nov 11 01:32:30 PST 2015

Paolo, have you ever received a complaint from somebody after having
contacted him?
How high is the response rate?

I'd also say continue the way we do now.

Regardless of the outcome of this initiative add a statement about what
this adress will be used for.
* Point of contact for the QGIS team concerning administrative issues,
technical issues and technical announcements (low volume).

Matthias

On 11/11/2015 10:25 AM, Nathan Woodrow wrote:
> IMO continue as we have been. The email is there for contact reasons
> or else we wouldn't ask for it.
>
> - Nathan
>
> On Wed, Nov 11, 2015 at 7:24 PM, Paolo Cavallini
> <cavallini at faunalia.it <mailto:cavallini at faunalia.it>> wrote:
>
>     Il 11/11/2015 10:16, Anita Graser ha scritto:
>     >
>     > On Nov 11, 2015 8:59 AM, "Paolo Cavallini"
>     <cavallini at faunalia.it <mailto:cavallini at faunalia.it>
>     > <mailto:cavallini at faunalia.it <mailto:cavallini at faunalia.it>>> wrote:
>     >>
>     >> Il 10/11/2015 10:33, Nathan Woodrow ha scritto:
>     >>
>     >> > I think you are fine.  That is the point of the email address
>     in the end
>     >> > anyway otherwise we wouldn't ask.  In the end I think people
>     don't
>     >> > really mind if it's not spam so I think it's fine.
>     >> >
>     >> > So I wouldn't stop doing that if we need to contact authors.
>     >>
>     >> Thanks again for this, Nathan.
>     >> Can the PSC please take a position on this?
>     >
>     > Can you please summarize the motion we should vote on? You
>     mentioned two
>     > options in the previous mail. Which do you want to vote on?
>
>     The previous one was on the possibility of creating a mailing list.
>     The current one is about the possibility for the plugin
>     administrator to
>     contact authors individually in order to solve issues before
>     publishing it.
>     The options are:
>     * continue as it is
>     * asking permission to authors to be contacted.
>     Thanks Anita for helping clarifying it.
>     All the best.
>     --
>     Paolo Cavallini - www.faunalia.eu <http://www.faunalia.eu>
>     QGIS & PostGIS courses: http://www.faunalia.eu/training.html

Help to improve QGIS rendering possibilities before Nov 30, 2015
http://www.opengis.ch/2015/11/02/qgis-crowdfunding-2-5d-rendering