[Qgis-psc] New QEP process

Tim Sutton tim at kartoza.com
Sun Nov 15 04:44:31 PST 2015

Hi

Sorry from my side for not replying sooner.

> On 15 Nov 2015, at 12:44, Richard Duivenvoorde <richard at duif.net> wrote:
>
> On 15-11-15 11:02, Nathan Woodrow wrote:
>> I will assume from the lack of response from this email that most are
>> happy with the proposed workflow?
>>
>> If not let me know soon or else I will continue with it as planned above.
>
> Nathan, sound pretty pragmatic ( agile :-) ) to me.
>
> I think moving to the issues was a good move.
>
> When there is no action upon a QEP, and the owner fails to make some
> noise about it, demote it to a feature request? So the list of QEPs does
> not fill up too much (and only the complex ones which are to be
> discussed a lot stay there).
>
> Thanks for you work on this Nathan!!

I think this sounds fine to me. Perhaps you can add some labels to the QEP issues so that we can see which are PSC vs Coder etc.?

We need to find a way to manage the growing amount of bureaucracy we are introducing into the project. I think many of Jürgen’s comments over the past weeks speak to this. Its nice to make the project organised but we need to make sure that new (and existing) users are aware of the procedures and at the same time, that those procedures don’t weigh down the contribution process to the point that only those in commercial environments will ever venture so spend the time to make a patch.

I think at minimum the various processes we have should be provided as notes in the project governance documentation, and we should really try to make things so that we can maintain a rapid development cycle.