[Qgis-psc] outstanding issues

Nyall Dawson nyall.dawson at gmail.com
Thu Nov 19 14:04:01 PST 2015

On 20 November 2015 at 07:49, Tim Sutton <tim at kartoza.com> wrote:

>>                        ftools OK              reshape/split tools ok
> QGIS 2.8.3          Y*                                   N
> QGIS 2.10           N                                    N
> QGIS 2.12           N                                    N

I wasn't aware of this... can you summarise (or post a link to) the
issues in the reshape/split tools? There was a lot of issues with this
fixed in 2.12, and I'm not aware of any outstanding (reported) ones.

> 1) make small band-aid fixes to fix immediate issues
> 2) try to sponsor e.g. Nyall or Jürgen to completely rewrite in C++ and have python bindings added so that they can be used from processing
> 3) try to sponsor e.g. Victor to implement as processing algs and then just wrap them as actions in the vector menu

I'd also like to point out that reimplementing these in c++ would
allow them to be reused by other (non-processing) plugins too. There's
also likely a considerable speed boost possible from this approach.

Nyall