[Qgis-psc] outstanding issues

Werner Macho werner.macho at gmail.com
Thu Nov 19 21:59:32 PST 2015

Hi @all

@Tim, I tried again to prepare a "better" testcase. The attributes are
completely irrelevant (so I deleted the area)

And I added the results from
Vector -> Geoprocessing Tools -> Intersect from QGIS 2.8, 2.10 and maste
r.

I hope the difference in the results is now clearly visible (We have a
intersection (which is correct) in 2.8 but nothing in 2.10 and master ..

So 2.8 shows the intersecting polygon while from 2.10 on it is
"silently" discarded (because the returned result is a geometry
collection (which is correct) but from 2.10 on it does not show the
polygon anymore.

I cannot tell exactly what else is affected by this - but I tested at
least union which also gives wrong results - so I imagine difference
and cut would probably have the same results.

Just load the testcase project in QGIS 2.8 - do an intersection
between g1 and g2 - and than load it in QGIS 2.12 and try the same again
.

Hope this one is better explained now

regards
Werner