[Qgis-psc] Working on pull requests

Sandro Santilli strk at keybit.net
Thu Sep 10 02:11:55 PDT 2015

On Thu, Sep 10, 2015 at 10:49:53AM +0200, Matthias Kuhn wrote:

> On 09/10/2015 10:37 AM, Sandro Santilli wrote:
> > On Mon, Sep 07, 2015 at 06:18:08PM +0200, Matthias Kuhn wrote:
> >
> >> I once introduced a label "prototype" so core committers could tag their
> >> PR's as such and when looking through the queue one could filter them.
> >> The tag has been removed. The use of the tag has not been
> >> well-communicated at that time, this may have been the reason. I think
> >> it would be worth thinking about if and how tags can be used to improve
> >> the process.
> > Last time I tried I couldn't get github to _omit_ items with a given
> > tag (ie: exclusive filter). Or did you find a way to do that ?
>
> I used my internal visual filter last time but it looks like
> "-label:prototype" works even better.

Then I think it's a great idea to use labels.
Unlabeled would mean "new, to be triaged".

Something simple for a start could be:

 "incomplete" for PR that are are missing a testcase or otherwise
              known to be a work in progress
 "ready" for PR that are formally ready to be merged

What do you think ?

--strk;