[Qgis-psc] Working on pull requests

Matthias Kuhn matthias at opengis.ch
Thu Sep 10 03:16:27 PDT 2015

On 09/10/2015 11:11 AM, Sandro Santilli wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 10, 2015 at 10:49:53AM +0200, Matthias Kuhn wrote:

>>> Last time I tried I couldn't get github to _omit_ items with a given
>>> tag (ie: exclusive filter). Or did you find a way to do that ?
>> I used my internal visual filter last time but it looks like
>> "-label:prototype" works even better.
> Then I think it's a great idea to use labels.
> Unlabeled would mean "new, to be triaged".
>
> Something simple for a start could be:
>
>  "incomplete" for PR that are are missing a testcase or otherwise
>               known to be a work in progress
>  "ready" for PR that are formally ready to be merged
>
> What do you think ?
>
> --strk;
I am in favor of using label, they are a great way to classify things.
It's just that the last time I introduced labels they were deleted and I
am not aware of the reason.

I think it's good to be able to assign "incomplete" but I am not sure of
"ready". Labels can only be assigned by core-committers and if one of
them thinks it's ready he can as well just merge it.

-- Matthias