[Qgis-psc] Possible venue for March 2016 QGIS Hackfest

Luigi Pirelli luipir at gmail.com
Fri Sep 11 01:38:34 PDT 2015

Hi Tim (Victor, Carlos and Luis)

My "old" request was to have an Hackfest in Spain... we (Victor, carlos
Lopez and me) proposed this during the last Spanish FOSS4G event in Girona
that produced two offers in the same day.

1) The first from the Girona usiversity to host hackmeeting during (or
before or after) next X SIGTE (that is the Spanish FOSS4G event) next
(usually) march... Home page of the event of the last meeting is:
http://www.sigte.udg.edu/jornadassiglibre/
I leave Victor, carlos in CC and I add Luis Vicents that is one of the
organiser of the SIGTE

2) The second from Gan Canaria University that produces the current
Hackmeeting, thanks the fact that the spanish  organiser invsted their time
during Nodebo hackmeeting.

>From my point of view, it's a good to be present during SIGTE for the next
hack meeting for the following reasons:

points in favour:
1) Spain have some contributors and the "market" it's opening now to QGIS.
2) SIGTE is an important meeting point for all is FOSS4G in spain or peaple
that peack in spanish.
3) Next SIGTE is the X anniversary :)
4) cheaper to reach thanks to Girona or Barcelona airport
5) Girona University support
6) We can have a new User Meeting after Nodebo (1 year later)

Points against:
1) An hackmeeting after only 5 month?
2) Again in Spain? ok... but it's  and User Meeting too.

Just to be clear... I'm not related with any university... I'm freelancer
and I leave 1000km far from Girona. Would be fine organise this here where
I live, but probably I can't reach the same organization level that can
offer Girona with a well organisation team, at least for also a User
Meeting. For a simple Hackmeeting I can manage, but I prefer to support the
SIGTE event, because it's a central meeting for people interested in FOSS4G
in Spain.

about your requests... I try to pass the question to Lluis that can answer
better to:
* ideal dates
* any costs we may need to cover
* venue information