[Qgis-psc] Event budgets 2017

Neumann, Andreas a.neumann at carto.net
Wed Dec 14 00:38:25 PST 2016

Hi,

Googling around for OSGEO budgets/events I found this:

https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Paris_Code_Sprint_2016_:_Budget

There seems to be a difference in that OSGEO does not pay any travel
support for dev meetings, but they cover all food/drink expenses
(including bar expenses ;-) ).

Whereas QGIS.ORG usually paid for one dinner at events and covers
partially travel costs for selected people. Other local food expenses
had been covered by local sponsors typically, sometimes with some help
from QGIS.ORG.

That seems to be the main difference between OSGEO and QGIS.ORG
meetings.

Note that I am not judging which one is better. I guess with the OSGEO
approach it would be hard for people to attend a meeting if their
employer/company doesn't cover a long distance flight. I kind of like
the QGIS approach that we fly in people like Tim, Nyall and some other
key persons.

For the medium future it should be our goal to cover almost all expenses
of meetings - hopefully, if we can afford to. If OSGEO can contribute
2-3k each year, it would be welcome.

Andreas