[Qgis-psc] Draft announcement re 3.0

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Sun Feb 7 22:25:41 PST 2016

Hi Tim,

Thank you for the draft!

One issue I have is the term "master branch" - which perhaps could be
made clearer, less ambiguous.

Is there only one "master branch" at any time or will there be two
parallel "master branches" - a 2.x one and a 3.x one? Normally, I would
assume that there can be only one master branch at any given time - e.g.
2x will stay master branch until 2.16 and then 3.0 would be the master
branch. Or can there be two parallel master branches?

One statement i don't like is "only for 3.x: not knowing when that will
ever release or" --> could we rather say "only for 3.x: not knowing when
this will release or" (take out the word "ever")

I assume that we think that 3.x will happen, but we don't know when. The
current wording seems to imply that the PSC has doubts if 3.x will ever
happen - which I don't think is the case. But since this "o-tone
Jürgen", I don't know if you want to change this ...

Andreas