[Qgis-psc] Draft announcement re 3.0

Tim Sutton tim at kartoza.com
Sun Feb 7 23:03:09 PST 2016

Hi

On Mon, Feb 8, 2016 at 8:25 AM, Andreas Neumann <a.neumann at carto.net> wrote:

> Hi Tim,
>
> Thank you for the draft!
>
> One issue I have is the term "master branch" - which perhaps could be made
> clearer, less ambiguous.

​Master branch = the branch called 'master' in GIT - I will add that as a
clarification.​

> Is there only one "master branch" at any time or will there be two
> parallel "master branches"
> ​ ​
> - a 2.x one and a 3.x one? Normally, I would assume that there can be only
> one master branch at any given time - e.g. 2x will stay master branch until
> 2.16 and then 3.0 would be the master branch. Or can there be two parallel
> master branches?

​
​Its a direct reference to the Git branch name, so yes only one 'master'
branch/'. The other branch will be called '3.0' unless Jürgen likes to
follow GitFlow like terminology and call it 'develop'.
​

> One statement i don't like is "only for 3.x: not knowing when that will
> ever release or" --> could we rather say "only for 3.x: not knowing when
> this will release or" (take out the word "ever")
>
> I assume that we think that 3.x will happen, but we don't know when. The
> current wording seems to imply that the PSC has doubts if 3.x will ever
> happen - which I don't think is the case. But since this "o-tone Jürgen", I
> don't know if you want to change this ...

​Yes that is a verbatim quote from Jürgen - I can edit it out if you feel
it muddies the waters and add an ellipsis instead ("[...]")​...ok with you
Jürgen?

Thanks for your feedback!