[Qgis-psc] Proceeding with ballot for QGIS Community Voting members

Tim Sutton tim at qgis.org
Sun Jul 24 16:34:30 PDT 2016

Dear PSC

As per our meeting earlier this month and our discussions at the hackfest in Gerona I would like to proceed with the ballot to choose the QGIS Community Voting members. I am also aware that the whole process is / was somewhat confusing for some people and that we are trying to bootstrap here which makes things even more complex. As such I propose to do the following to proceed:

1) Ask all GitHub committers (see below for a complete list) to vote for one of the nominees listed below
2) Based on the count of votes made, award QGIS Community Voter status for as many nominees as there are QGIS User Voters (currently 12)
3) If there is a tie or not enough unique voted nominees, remove those that have been successfully nominated and ask all committers to vote again.
4) Repeat until we have 12 voters

I have made a google form which allows the user of the form to enter their, name, github name and email, and then select one nominee. Only one vote van be cast per committer per voting round. A unique link to this form will be sent to each GitHub committer so that they can cast their vote.

I will allow a time frame of 1 week for casting votes.

Does that sound clear for everyone? Any objects / suggestions before I proceed? I may need some help in tracking down email addresses of the registered committer list - I will post a follow up link to a doc with all committers and their email addresses that I have - I will appreciate it if you can help to fill in the blanks.

Nominees:

  1 Denis Rouzaud <denis.rouzaud at gmail.com>
  2 alexander.bruy at gmail.com
  3 delazj at gmail.com
  4 even.rouault at spatialys.com
  5 giovanni.manghi at gmail.com
  6 hugo.mercier at oslandia.com
  7 jacob.arpe at kalundborg.dk
  8 jocook at astuntechnology.com
  9 kurt at birdseyeviewgis.com
 10 larrys at dakotacarto.com
 11 madmanwoo at gmail.com
 12 marco at opengis.ch
 13 matthias at opengis.ch
 14 nyall.dawson at gmail.com
 15 pka at sourcepole.ch
 16 regis.haubourg at eau-adour-garonne.fr
 17 saber.razmjooei at lutraconsulting.co.uk
 18 senhor.neto at gmail.com
 19 tcormier at whrc.org
 20 vincent.picavet at oslandia.com
 21 werner.macho at gmail.com
 22 wonder.sk at gmail.com
 23 yjacolin at free.fr

Voters (people with GitHub Commit rights)
Based on https://github.com/orgs/qgis/people

Denis Rouzaud
Alexander Bruy
Andreas Neumann