[Qgis-psc] Proceeding with ballot for QGIS Community Voting members

Nyall Dawson nyall.dawson at gmail.com
Sun Jul 24 16:58:20 PDT 2016

On 25 July 2016 at 09:34, Tim Sutton <tim at qgis.org> wrote:

> Dear PSC
>
> As per our meeting earlier this month and our discussions at the hackfest in Gerona I would like to proceed with the ballot to choose the QGIS Community Voting members. I am also aware that the whole process is / was somewhat confusing for some people and that we are trying to bootstrap here which makes things even more complex. As such I propose to do the following to proceed:
>
> 1) Ask all GitHub committers (see below for a complete list) to vote for one of the nominees listed below

Wouldn't it make more sense to ask each committer to vote for up to 12
nominees? That effectively is the usual process then, just
fast-tracked to get through the backlog of 12 outstanding members.

23 people voting for 1 preferred nominee could lead to VERY different
results then 23 people each voting for their preferred 12 nominees.

Nyall