[Qgis-psc] Changing our default response to requests/bugs?

Anita Graser anitagraser at gmx.at
Thu Jul 28 00:20:19 PDT 2016

​Hi,​

> On 2016-07-28 00:32, Nyall Dawson wrote:
>
> This response clearly puts the responsibility BACK to the reporter
> that they need to do the work to get things into QGIS, and that filing
> a ticket alone is not sufficient.
>
> What do you think? I think a similar but tweaked response could also
> be used when people use the "SOMEONE should fund this!" line...
> basically to push it back to them and say "well, if it's valuable to
> you, then YOU should fund this!" (not some anonymous benefactor!).

​I think this is a good response to a lot of requests. That said, I think
it is more appropriate for feature requests than for bugs.

There are some groups whom I try to motivate to report bugs (especially
students) who usually don't have the means​ to follow up on any of the
three options presented in this response.

I'm concerned that they would be intimidated and stop reporting when they
see a response like this. I'd rather see more bug reporting during the
feature freeze than less.

​Best wishes,
Anita​