[Qgis-psc] Moving tickets to GitHub - status update?

Nathan Woodrow madmanwoo at gmail.com
Thu Jun 16 22:41:53 PDT 2016

Hey all,

I was just wondering what the status of the talks about moving to GitHub
for tickets is.  I understand that Matthias has done a good job on creating
a script to bring over current tickets without much data loss.  Was there
any more talk at the hackfest?

I for one would really love to see us move tickets to GitHub for mainly
better control and integration into our current process, linking into QEPs,
PRs, etc would be nice, and just generally nicer for the users. Plus we
don't have to worry about keeping it running.

Most developers I talk to seem to be in favor of doing this move so is
there anything blocking us at the moment?

I'm willing to lead a hand in what ever is needed to make it happen if it's
a resourcing issue, however the script that Matthias wrote seems like a
good win if that is all that is needed.

Thoughts?

- Nathan