[Qgis-psc] Moving the issue queue to github

Sandro Santilli strk at keybit.net
Thu Mar 17 01:04:31 PDT 2016

On Wed, Mar 16, 2016 at 11:08:28PM +0200, Tim Sutton wrote:
> > On 16 Mar 2016, at 22:26, Sandro Santilli <strk at keybit.net> wrote:

> >> 3) There are most likely many 3rd party services, tools etc. that now rely on the QGIS repo being at http://github.com/qgis/QGIS - we will break them if we move over to GL
> >
> > For PostGIS we use both github and gitlab as mirrors, it's
> > pretty easy to do, in general.
>
> Does something sync them automatically, or is a manual process (or semi manual e.g. we need to run a cron job to sync them)? Do you sync in both directions or just one?

I started with a cron job, then crafted a web hook.
Currently a commit to OSGEO/SVN triggers an hook that pings
an URL on my host which initiates the mirroring procedure
(in the postgis case it pulls from svn and pushes to each
of the git mirrors)

I dunno if gitlab.com has an automatic mirrorer for the github.com
hosted projects (wouldn't be surprising).

--strk;