[Qgis-psc] Moving the issue queue to github

Matthias Kuhn matthias at opengis.ch
Tue Mar 29 02:47:59 PDT 2016

Hi Jürgen

On 03/29/2016 10:52 AM, Jürgen E. Fischer wrote:
> Hi Matthias,
>
> On Mon, 28. Mar 2016 at 18:48:11 +0200, Matthias Kuhn wrote:
>> I think the plan which is discussed now is: make readonly, migrate
>> manually with new ticket ids, backlink where appropriate. We have
>> ticket id collisions already anyway.
> Can't we use the existing ticket ids where possible?
At least in theory I don't see a problem. So yes, we probably could.
>  We're still below #3000
> on github, right?  And #3000 in redmine is 5 years old - so maybe out of
> interest.  #3000 to #14578 could keep their number.  What about linked tickets,
> components.
The main argument for me are not the existing collisions but that I
think we have many zombie tickets which I am happy to retire.

>> Do you think that this is a bad road?
> Not sure.  Apart from the fact that we might lock in ourselves, we loose some
> functionality compared to redmine, don't we?

I think most of the functionality can be achieved with tags.
On the other hand we win the possibilities of an integrated platform
where issues and pull requests can be linked and don't share the same
ticket numbering space.

What are the key requirements for you? Do you prefer GL or redmine?

FWIW, I don't like hub because of redmine usability issues and the
infrastructure it runs on and I would like to have a "usable" ticket
solution as soon as possible.

Matthias

--
Matthias Kuhn