[Qgis-psc] Advancing QGIS 3.0

Matthias Kuhn matthias at opengis.ch
Wed Nov 2 01:37:18 PDT 2016

Dear PSC,

On the QGIS agenda there is one major goal at the moment and that is to
finally catch up with Arc and raising the version number in which we lag
far behind.

To do so more quickly, the grant proposal was a very good start. I think
it would be great if it was somehow possible to encourage development
even more. This could possibly be a code sprint. Or picking some
important pieces of work and sponsor them. Or instead of organizing one
big code sprint organize some local ones with video conference between
them. Your idea goes here.

I don't know the current situation with the budget and if there are
resources for organizing such an event. I would like to kindly ask you
if it was possible to put that on the next PSC agenda.

But the quicker we get to version 10 (which I would propose to call QGIS
X) the quicker we can be taken serious!

Best regards
Matthias