[Qgis-psc] Advancing QGIS 3.0

Tim Sutton tim at kartoza.com
Fri Nov 4 07:31:16 PDT 2016

Hi Matthias and others in this thread:

> On 03 Nov 2016, at 2:44 PM, Régis Haubourg <regis.haubourg at gmail.com> wrote:

> Le mercredi 2 novembre 2016, 19:02:52 CET Régis Haubourg a écrit :
> > More seriously,  I think QGIS 3.0 API and QGIS server may deserve one or
> >  dedicate code sprints.  I'll push the idea at the next QGIS french user
> > Group (1 & 2 december in Montpellier, if some want to join)
>
> Why do you want to wait for 1 month?
>
> I am pretty sure we can do something there, let's say on the 30 of november!
> Depending the number of the contributor and if we can find one more sponsor ...
>
> Even better!  I'll see if I can have some dev's ready for that.

I would add to the prior discussion that it might be better to come forward with specific funding proposals e.g.  'we need to fund the python API migration tool, can the PSC help with ERU 5000 to support it'? Andreas maybe we should also have in our budget some space for ad hoc requests like this too (maybe it is already there, I forget).

> I will ask to the team ;)
>
> Y.
> Cheers
> Régis