[Qgis-psc] Advancing QGIS 3.0

Matthias Kuhn matthias at opengis.ch
Sat Nov 5 01:55:24 PDT 2016

Hi Tim and others

On 11/04/2016 03:31 PM, Tim Sutton wrote:

> I would add to the prior discussion that it might be better to come
> forward with specific funding proposals e.g.  'we need to fund the
> python API migration tool, can the PSC help with ERU 5000 to support
> it'? Andreas maybe we should also have in our budget some space for ad
> hoc requests like this too (maybe it is already there, I forget).

I will think about something to propose.

My idea with this thread start to think about how an incentive can be
given to developers and others to support the development of QGIS 3.

Andreas mentioned the local user groups which I think are a perfect
candidate to help with this. It would be very good if there could be
dedicated fund raising sprints organized by local groups to help the
development. Or code sprints - which would not replace regular dev meetings.
Maybe contacting them with some ideas might be good?

What I would like to see is the best community effort ever to make QGIS
3.0 land soon and in a very good shape.
I would like to re-state my request to the PSC to discuss possible
approaches.

Kind regards
Matthias

P.S: I'm thinking about visiting Montpelier ;)