[Qgis-psc] QGIS A0 promotion poster refreshment?

Tim Sutton tim at qgis.org
Sat Nov 5 07:35:34 PDT 2016

Hi

> On 05 Nov 2016, at 4:32 PM, Richard Duivenvoorde <rdmailings at duif.net> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> there will be (in very short time  ) a GIS conference here in NL.
> Wanting to do a little standup there for QGIS I pointed to
> https://github.com/qgis/QGIS-Promotion/tree/master/poster/a0_qgis
> because somebody in the community owned a A0 printer
>
> anyway, it is a little old... look at the shirt I was wearing in those
> days ;-)

Hah I'm sure that fashion is still good :-)

> Any plans (and volunteers) to update it to highlight some newer
> features, or adding recent screenies/dev group photo's?

Anita did the poster, so I guess she would be the natural person to ask. For me the content is generic enough that I would not spend effort on updating it until after 3.0 comes out.

> Regards,
>
> Richard Duivenvoorde
>
> Did we try to create a Latex poster, for example based on one of the
> academic templates? I'n not sure if we can pull such one into the
> documentation/website building. Having an uptodate (translated)
> source would be cool to have...

Yeah that would be cool but maybe a lot of effort compared to just inviting people to translate it manually using scribus?