[Qgis-psc] Plugin Repository Policy

ElPaso elpaso at itopen.it
Tue Nov 22 02:18:24 PST 2016

Il 22/11/2016 10:53, Paolo Cavallini ha scritto:
> Il 22/11/2016 10:22, ElPaso ha scritto:
>
>> I think  that I can enable notification on new versions uploads, but
> this would help me, thanks
>
>> IMHO we should also consider trusting more users, there is no reason for
>> not giving trust to Trevor, he has been active on the ml for long time.
> sure, no objection from me. it's not easy to have a clear policy on
> this, and I do not want my judgement to influence this choice too much.
>
>> On the other hand, notifications are  sent to all "staff" users, and we
>> should probably reduce the number of them and make those users "trusted"
>> instead, Paolo can you take care of that (through the control panel)?
> sure, I can do it. whom should I keep on "staff"?

The lesser, the better, for now  they will receive all notifications for
plugins. (We should probably create another group just for this
notifications, feel free to add a ticket).

"Staff" flag is required for accessing the control panel, superusers
have it automatically so you don't need to set it.

List staff: http://plugins.qgis.org/admin/auth/user/?is_staff__exact=1
List superusers:
http://plugins.qgis.org/admin/auth/user/?is_superuser__exact=1

There is another permission group (Website Editors) for those that can
edit the CMS pages (like the Home Page, for example), they also need to
be "staff" in order to log in to the control panel, I guess that Alex
Neto, Delazj and a few other  documentation people could contribute to
maintain the public pages.

Other users that are currently in staff (and are not superadmin) can
probably be just "trusted" so that they can approve their own plugins
and get their versions automatically approved. To make a user "trusted"
in the control panel, you must give a user the permission "plugins can
approve plugins" (this can also be done from the front-end).

Cheers.

--
Alessandro Pasotti
w3: www.itopen.it