[Qgis-psc] Feedback on Statutes

Neumann, Andreas a.neumann at carto.net
Mon Nov 28 02:22:53 PST 2016

Hi all,

On 2016-11-28 08:41, Bernhard Ströbl wrote:

> Hi Tim,
>
> thank you for your hard work accomodating all these proposals.
> I do think the document has improved a lot. Some points, though:
> 1) section 6.1 "The outgoing PSC member shall automatically receive a nomination unless he/she no longer wishes to serve on the board." "board" must be replaced with PSC.

Correct:

.... he/she no longer wishes to server on the PSC. (replace board with
PSC).

> 2) section 6.3: same, "board" must be replaced with PSC.

Correct: board should be replaced by PSC again.

> 3) sections 7.1 and 8 (numbers 4 and 5) contradict: either the PSC elects the board members or the general meeting does. In this respect the second to last sentence in section 8 needs to be revised, too. @Andreas: I would think that the board members have to be elected by the AGM (assuming Swiss legals stuff does not differ that much from German)

You are correct, Bernhard. There is a contradiction.

According to the Swiss law, the AGM votes on the board (see
https://www.admin.ch/opc/en/classified-compilation/19070042/index.html#a65),
which says:

"The general meeting of members decides on admission and exclusion of
members, appoints the committee and decides all matters which are not
reserved to other governing bodies of the association." (clarifications:
general meeting = AGM or extraordinary general meetings,
committee=board="Vorstand" in german language).

Normally, there is only the board (commmittee=Vorstand), not the board
and the PSC. The PSC doesn't have to exist by law. It is a special
construct of QGIS.ORG. So I would agree with Bernhard that 7.1 should be
modified such, that the PSC is not voting on the board, but the AGM is.

Also in 7.5 it shouldn't be the PSC who votes, but the AGM.

Tim - can we ask you please to correct all of the above points that
Bernhard raised.

Thanks,