[Qgis-psc] Sponsor logo

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Sun Apr 2 00:46:11 PDT 2017

On 01-04-17 17:40, Anita Graser wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Here's a suggestion for a silver sponsor badge with the new logo:
>
> https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bwc-5JFVTnfIWW5EbFFPS2pJakk/view?usp=sharing
>
> This design consciously avoids trying to reproduce a gold/silver/bronze
> effect and sticks to our official logo colors instead. I think this
> makes it modern and versatile and it should look good on our sponsors'
> websites and other material.
>
> If this one works for you, I'll also make one for gold sponsors.

Hi Anita,

I agree that starting with a clean sheet (aka stay away from the
gold/silver medals) is good.

But I'm not sure if only the textual difference in the logo enforces
enough the difference in 'sponsor-weight'...???

As I'm not a designer, feel free to ignore :-) but...

What about adding some silver/gold/bronze like:
- the 'xxx sponsor' text colored in s/g/b
- the little detail lines/squares colored
- a 'plate' like/or just make the background s/g/b

I was thinking in differentiating the total size too, but when shown
individually that does not contain any information then??

Trying to google some 'gold sponsor images':

https://www.google.nl/search?q=gold+sponsor&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ

Maybe adding a little g/s/b banner something like:

https://www.google.nl/search?q=gold+sponsor&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ#imgrc=ir1XQuZeapdQNM:

or corner/ribbon like:

https://www.google.nl/search?q=gold+sponsor&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjSlszCooXTAhXCWBQKHVk_CakQsAQIHg&biw=740&bih=883#imgrc=mss4vvi-spTpXM:

or?