[Qgis-psc] QGIS Project Page on new OSGEO site

Tim Sutton tim at qgis.org
Mon Aug 14 15:56:13 PDT 2017

@Paolo. While I agree that it is not good to deplicate effort, I am not too
worried about duplication here:

* The OSGEO site includes only a precis of the QGIS project
* I have added a bunch of outbound inks to our standard pages on our domain
for all additional detail
* The content on that page is not likely to change often and they have
automated tools for e.g. listing commercial providers etc. (many of whom
would probably benefit from being on the OSGEO site too since they support
multiple OSGEO projects).

If you are still worried, we can chat with the OSGEO web site team to put
your concerns across and see if they have any proposals.

On Mon, Aug 14, 2017 at 9:17 AM, Paolo Cavallini <cavallini at faunalia.it>
wrote:

> Il 13/08/2017 20:40, Tim Sutton ha scritto:
> > Hi all
> >
> > As you may know, OSGEO are have built a really awesome new web site
> > (HOORAY!) and I have been working to get QGIS' project page on there.
> >
> > http://osgeo.getinteractive.nl/projects/qgis/
> >
> > The site is not live yet - I guess it is going live in Boston next week
> > though I am not sure of the exact schedule.
> >
> > It would be great for anyone interested to pitch in to make our page
> > look like the best one on the site :-) We need more service providers to
> > be added and outbound links etc.
> >
> > I guess it will be easiest for myself or Anita to make changes. For
> > commercial service providers, I think they need to add themselves to the
> > new site so maybe we should reach out to the existing list of providers
> > and encourage them to add themselves?
>
> Thanks Tim. A good opportunity indeed, even though I'm worried by the
> extra work, and the duplication of informations between our site and
> this one.
> Could we think of sending people straight to our site, or having an
> (unlikely) automated way to keep them aligned?
> All the best.
> --
> Paolo Cavallini - www.faunalia.eu
> https://www.google.com/trends/explore?date=all&geo=IT&q=qgis,arcgis