[Qgis-psc] PayPal alternatives ?

Andreas Neumann andreas at qgis.org
Mon Aug 21 01:49:13 PDT 2017

Hi,

I know that this topic comes up from time to time. But do you know any good
PayPal alternatives?

The recent development in my fight with them, is that they insist that they
can only withdraw CHF (Swiss francs) to a bank account in Switzerland.

This would mean that if I withdraw money from PayPal to our bank account
(both of them run in €) that the amount is converted TWO times from € to
CHF and then back to € - because the bank account already runs in € -
resulting in quite a big loss, because both PayPal and my local bank would
earn in this conversion process. They typically don't use a conversion rate
that is beneficial for their customer.

They claim that this is due to banking regulations - but I don't believe
them. Any other company and institution except PayPal allows direct
transfers in € between Switzerland and other countries. I believe it is
just their narrow view of the world - 1 country equals to one single
currency.

So if you would know any good alternative payment solutions next to PayPal,
please let me know.

Andreas Neumann
QGIS.ORG board member (treasurer)