[Qgis-psc] PayPal alternatives ?

Neumann, Andreas a.neumann at carto.net
Mon Aug 21 05:34:37 PDT 2017

Hi Jürgen,

I will ask Jürgen, if he knows more about it. As far as I know his
PayPal account was also a Swiss account. Perhaps we just didn't realize
up to now that the money was always converted twice between EUR and CHF.

I will have a look at Skrill (https://www.skrill.com/en/) and
TransferWise (https://transferwise.com/ch/) as alternatives. Do let me
know if there are other alternatives to check.

At PayPal support I always have the feeling that I am not corresponding
with humans (Sara from Luxembourg is probably a "machine" (and not even
a fast one) - or at least they only know standard responses and don't
even listen to my questions). Given that they probably already earned a
couple of thousand dollars from our transactions they should be more
customer friendly ... and transparent about their fees.

Greetings,

Andreas