[Qgis-psc] Promotional materials for QGIS Conference

Tim Sutton tim at qgis.org
Fri Jul 28 01:28:30 PDT 2017

Hi All

We have 1000 EURO in our budget for 'swag' - promotional materials for
QGIS. I would like to make some of this available to Lene to get stickers
made to give out at the conference. I am proposing that we simply use the
new Q icon like in my signature below, and get 2000 units printed on a good
quality laminate sticker. The extra stickers can be shared amongst
community members to take along to share in their home countries / places
they go to. Lene also proposed that we send a bunch (maybe 1000?) to Boston
for FOSS4G which I think is a good idea.

I'd additionally like to support her with the promotional materials budget
to pay for 'pop up banners' at the QGIS Conference with QGIS branding and
the conference sponsor logos on it.

We have not much time to organize this so I would appreciate a quick +1 /
-1 response - we will probably go ahead and do it anyway and then figure
out a different funding option if the PSC does not approve the funds.

Thanks!

*Tim Sutton*
QGIS Project Steering Committee Chair
tim at qgis.org