[Qgis-psc] Next code sprint?

Paolo Cavallini cavallini at faunalia.it
Mon Jul 31 06:18:09 PDT 2017

Hi Tim, all

Il 29/07/2017 10:02, Tim Sutton ha scritto:
> @Luigi I know there are efficiencies and collaboration opportunities by
> combining hack tests with other OSGEO projects but IMHO we should not
> try to do it too often because from past events I would say that it
> tends to reduce the size of the QGIS participants and adds a lot of
> distractions from our core focus of hacking on QGIS.

I agree on that: merging the two events made it easier to improve
cross-project collaboration, but also brought lots of distractions.

> So we have a firm offer for Madeira it seems. In September 2018 there is
> FOSS4G2018 in Dar Es Salaam - I would like to make a proposal that we
> hold our first African QGIS Hackfest before that event - I can find out
> if we could maybe get hosted in Zanzibar - and then treat FOSS4G2018 as
> our QGIS User Conference too....

wow, an African HF - much in favour of it

> That would mean a Swiss event would need to wait until 2019 if everyone
> is on the same page.

IMHO we could select the best proposal on a competitive basis.
Anyway, better talk about this in Nodebo.
See you soon.
--
Paolo Cavallini - www.faunalia.eu