[Qgis-psc] shortened list of categories on QGIS bug tracker

Nyall Dawson nyall.dawson at gmail.com
Mon May 1 04:19:35 PDT 2017

On 1 May 2017 at 19:20, Paolo Cavallini <cavallini at faunalia.it> wrote:

> Il 01/05/2017 11:14, Giovanni Manghi ha scritto:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > as discussed yesterday here the list of slightly shortened list of
> > categories in the new instance of QGIS bug tracker:
> >

> > https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1qvl-RcVJaB6wRPsgLuBegfGvkJLCApxfUaR-m1gv-sE/edit?usp=sharing
>
> Thanks Giovanni. As discussed, I think it would be important to have an
> assignee for each cathegory. For some of them the name is quite obvious
> (but we still need the dev to accept this), for others much less.
> How can we proceed? Should we (Giovanni, me, Tim) contacting potential
> assignees?
> All the best.

I'm a strong -1 to this. To me assigned means "I'm aware of this issue
and am actively working on it". Auto assigning really has no meaning
and loses this ability to tell if working on an issue is potentially
duplicating developer effort.

(I also personally hate it when people assign tickets to me without
first asking or without it being a direct result of a bug I've
introduced. I find it extremely rude when a total stranger assigns a
feature request to me - much akin to grabbing someone random on the
street and saying, "hey, do this work for me!")

Nyall