[Qgis-psc] shortened list of categories on QGIS bug tracker

Martin Dobias wonder.sk at gmail.com
Tue May 2 03:32:07 PDT 2017

Hi all

On 1 May 2017 9:19 p.m., "Nyall Dawson" <nyall.dawson at gmail.com> wrote:

On 1 May 2017 at 19:20, Paolo Cavallini <cavallini at faunalia.it> wrote:

> Il 01/05/2017 11:14, Giovanni Manghi ha scritto:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > as discussed yesterday here the list of slightly shortened list of
> > categories in the new instance of QGIS bug tracker:
> >

> > https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1qvl-
RcVJaB6wRPsgLuBegfGvkJLCApxfUaR-m1gv-sE/edit?usp=sharing

> Thanks Giovanni. As discussed, I think it would be important to have an
> assignee for each cathegory. For some of them the name is quite obvious
> (but we still need the dev to accept this), for others much less.
> How can we proceed? Should we (Giovanni, me, Tim) contacting potential
> assignees?
> All the best.

I'm a strong -1 to this. To me assigned means "I'm aware of this issue
and am actively working on it". Auto assigning really has no meaning
and loses this ability to tell if working on an issue is potentially
duplicating developer effort.

Agreed with Nyall. Assigned means that the person is working on it. If we
want to make devs aware of some tickets, it is possible to add them to the
list of watchers... that's less intrusive than assigning them and there
could be multiple watchers at the same time.

Cheers
Martin