[Qgis-psc] Performance regressions (was QGIS 2.18 bug fixing effort)

Nyall Dawson nyall.dawson at gmail.com
Tue May 23 00:23:05 PDT 2017

On 23 May 2017 at 03:27, Giovanni Manghi <giovanni.manghi at gmail.com> wrote:

> rendering time:
> real    0m38.663s
> user    0m33.572s
> sys     0m1.244s
>
> so... quite slower in rendering my test 758k ploygon layer.

Hi Giovanni,

I'm struggling to reproduce these rendering regressions. I've tested
building snapshots from 2.14.0 through to 2.18.8 and for my tests the
rendering performance has remained relatively constant throughout this
time.

This is using both a 3 million point shapefile and a 3 million polygon
shapefile. Ubuntu 16.04, 64 bit, Release mode build using gcc.

Could there be something else which is involved? Are you reprojecting
the layers? Using labeling? Some other non-default styling?

Nyall