[Qgis-psc] Trademark issues

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Thu Apr 12 02:00:08 PDT 2018

On 12-04-18 10:35, Alessandro Pasotti wrote:

> Sorry, but this is not yet clear: let's make an example and say that a
> group of well known and active QGIS core developers (people who gives
> back to the project, correct?) wanted to  create a company named
> "QGISGURUS INC." and register a domain named "QGISGURUS.COM
> <http://QGISGURUS.COM>".
>
> What would be the official answer?
Well in my opinion the official answer will tell you: "don't do it" as
it is so hard to enforce this kind of trademark infringements for us.

Maybe I gave too much slack :-)

Better use some creative name ( 'the4qusqueteers.com' ;-) )  and then on
your website tell people that you are QGIS guru's playing an important
role in the community,... and for hire?

Richard