[Qgis-psc] Python API documentation part 3, Spreadshirt

Andreas Neumann andreas at qgis.org
Fri Apr 27 06:29:22 PDT 2018

Dear PSC,

Denis Rouzaud proposes a part 3 (final part) to complete the Python API
documentation - see
https://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/qgis-psc/2018-April/006090.html - Denis
proposes six more days.

The question has surfaced, whether this third part should be financed
through a QGIS grant proposal or through the regular budget where we have
set aside money for Python API documentation.

The situation is that the proposed annual budget for Python API
documentation is already used up by parts 1 and 2 - but I would
nevertheless think that we should finance part 3 (the final part) the
Python API documentation outside of the QGIS grants - use the Python API
doc budgetary item and just overdraw that item. We started with a plus of
63k into the new year and we can afford to overdraw the budget if
necessary. See also https://www.qgis.org/en/_downloads/QGISBudget2018.pdf
for the approved budget.

I think a good Python API documentation is very important for the project,
esp. at the current times where plugin authors will have a lot of work
porting their plugins to support QGIS 3.

PSC members: can you please respond if you are ok with this proposal?

One other, positive, news: Spreadshirt already generated 370 € this year -
way more thant what we had in past years and already more than the 100 € I
had in the budget. Also, we spent only half of the planned expenses for the
Madeira dev meeting - thanks to the local organizers/sponsors and due to
the fact that quite a few devs did not ask for reimbursements.

Greetings,

Andreas Neumann
QGIS.ORG board member (treasurer)