[Qgis-psc] Proposing a future hackfest in Davis, CA

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Wed Aug 29 23:19:24 PDT 2018

Hi PSC and Lene,

I am proposing to hold a hackfest in Davis, California, at UC Davis.
Probably in 2020 or 2021. They could probably also held a QGIS
conference (if we want that) - as they have excellent facilities.

I think we should have a hackfest outside of Europe at least every 2
years or so. Also to be inclusive for people/devs outside of Europe.

There are two representatives here from UCD (Michel Tobias and Alex
Mandel) - and they said that they would be happy to host.

Personally, I know Davis very well (because my father in law lives
there) and can say that it is a very nice city with a huge university
campus with many facilities, excellent infrastructure and it is the
most-bike-active and -friendly town in the US! If we schedule the
meeting during vacation time, we could most likely get very affordable
accommodation as they have many student dorm rooms.

It could also be an opportunity to meet with Gary - get him to travel to
California.

Any thoughts?

Greetings,