[Qgis-psc] PSC on Monday

Giovanni Manghi giovanni.manghi at gmail.com
Mon Feb 5 09:05:52 PST 2018

> of course PSC cannot force anybody to do anything; anyway, as this is
> really a strategic decision, I think PCS should express at least an
> opinion. AFAICT possible outcomes could be:
> * OK for dropping GRASS, SAGA, and OTB support - let's interested users
> deal with this
> * keep in core, launch a crowdfunding campaign
> * keep it in core, support it with core funds
> I'm sure there can be other options.

my 2 cents: (please) do not remove GRASS and SAGA from core QGIS (and
also from Windows standalone installers). Despite not being all
perfect most of the tools are working, this is a great added value for
QGIS (even in the mind of possible users/adopters who then maybe don't
do much analysis). The fact that despite being "3rd party" software is
all available (and working) out of the box it adds even more value.

-- g --