[Qgis-psc] Paid doc reviewers campaign for QGIS 3.0 ?

Anita Graser anitagraser at gmx.at
Tue Feb 6 10:33:42 PST 2018

​
On Fri, Feb 2, 2018 at 6:13 PM, DelazJ <delazj at gmail.com> wrote:

> Yves,
> (and btw answering Anita that I forgot earlier :( ) no I have no one in
> mind (reason why I suggested a call, unless someone (or some company)
> reading this thread steps up meanwhile) and no, I'm not interested.

​
​
Hi Harrissou,

We talked about this issue at yesterday's PSC meeting (
https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/wiki#psc-meeting-minutes) and came away with
the following
​ (beyond
Giovanni pick
​ing​
 up the work under QGIS.ORG funding
​):

​1. We will earmark a significant share of the budget for the n
ext
​round ​of
grant
​s for documentation work.​

​The work should target getting documentation up to speed for the
​
​3.4 LTR release. ​
​

​2. The general budget for 2018 contains 8000 EUR for supporting
documentation in 2018. One proposal is that we use part of these funds to
make it easier to edit the documentation e.g. by putting into production
work from Richard and Alexandro to support markdown editing and
inline/wysiwyg images
​
​The later is only one idea to further improve our documentation
infrastructure. I'm aware that there are already great efforts ongoing for
image previews in Github (
https://github.com/qgis/QGIS-Documentation/pull/2301). More ideas welcome!

Regards,
Anita