[Qgis-psc] Election dates

Tim Sutton tim at kartoza.com
Tue Feb 13 13:33:15 PST 2018

Hi PSC

Thomas Schüttenberg just brought to my attention that the actual elapsed time since our first Board elections is only 14 months ago:

> I just tried to translate your call for PSC nominations and wondered if the term is already over. The last election was in december 2016 which was only 14 month ago. The statutes refere to a two year term. Do I miss something, or is this just because of the long period of forming the qgis.org association?

In light of that I am proposing that we continue with the process of nominations as I would still like to stand down as chair over these coming months, but restrict the voting only to the vacant chair position. This will mean that our ‘number 2’ AGM form will be adjusted slightly to only accommodate

A) the election of one new PSC member, and
B) the election of a new board chair

Does this sound OK for everyone?

—

Tim Sutton